PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Anglo Singapore International School collects, processes and discloses personal data in compliance with the requirements of Thailand Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA). Anglo Singapore International School (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://anglosingapore.ac.th website (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Source of Data
Personal Data: While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Most, if not all, of your personal data was provided by you directly, either from the following sources or from other information you provided:
- Enquiry Form
- Various types of Application or Registration Forms
- Other School and/or support services related Request Forms
- Previous qualification related documents and/or certificates
Student data is essential for the schools’ operational use. Whilst the majority of student information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it is requested on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with the data protection legislation, we will inform you at the point of collection, whether you are required to provide certain student information to us or if you have a choice in this.
In some instances, your personal data may have been obtained from external sources including, but not restricted to the following:
- From third parties such as previous educational institutions, law enforcement agencies and other government entities
- Third party service providers and any other future third parties in relation or incidental to the above
- Personal data which is available in the public domain
IP Address & Cookies Data: Personal data which may be collected from cookies through the use of the School’s website. We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. This information is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns, does not identify any individual. It is used to inform improvements to the website, for system administration, and to report aggregate information to third parties.
Cookies make it easier for you to log on and use the site during future visits. They also enable us to provide you with a more personalised service. Should you wish to do so, your browser’s help section should be able to warn you before accepting cookies and how to filter or disable them, although in the latter case, you may not be able to use certain features on our site
Which Categories of Student Information Do We Process?
The categories of student information that we process may include, but are not restricted to:
- Thai Identification Card
- Passport number
- Contact numbers
- Personal email address
- Dates of enrolment, withdrawal and/ or graduation
- Photo and images
- Student’s Gender
- Date of birth
- Previous qualifications
- Parents’/guardian’s marital status
- Emergency contact person(s) details
- Billing-related information
- Assessment and attainment such as report card grades and results of external examinations
- Local or overseas trips, extra-curricular activities, camps, and inter school competitions such as personal identifiers, medical, food allergies
- Canteen and/ or catering such as personal identifiers, dietary requirements, food allergies
- School surveys such as personal identifiers, preferences, responses
School publications – e.g., newsletters, yearbooks, websites such as personal identifiers, photos, videos, testimonials
- School activities and events such as personal identifiers, text, photos, videos, testimonials
- School social media and promotional platforms such as personal identifiers, text, photos, videos, testimonials, avatars, comments, enquiries
- School transport services such as personal identifiers, medical
- Alumni Services such as personal identifiers, attainments and progressions, photo, testimonials)
- Parent-Teacher meetings (PTM) such as personal identifiers, assessment results, attainment
- CCTV footage (video images)
Sensitive Personal Data
Some of the personal data that we collect and process may include what is defined as ‘sensitive personal data’ under the PDPA and these include, but are not restricted to:
- Health and safety information such as personal identifiers, contacts and incident details
- Medical and administration such as doctor’s information, child health, dental health, allergies, medication
- Attendance and discipline such as sessions attended, number of absences, absence reasons, any previous schools attended and disciplinary records
- Records of misconduct and disciplinary action
- Records of criminal offence
- Family court orders
This sensitive information shall be treated carefully by the School and will only be used for specific purposes. It will not be released to a third party without your explicit consent unless it is necessary to protect your vital interests.
Use of Data
Anglo Singapore International School uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To improve or develop new products and services, analyse customer preferences, or provide personalised services
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To process an application for admission
- To manage and respond to enquiries
- To maintain a students’ personal details, academic and non-academic records
- To facilitate internships, placement or work experience as well as co-curricular related activities and school events
- To maintain a student/class register
- To support student learning
- To register students for examinations
- To monitor and report on student attainment progress
- To provide appropriate pastoral care
- To keep students safe
- To provide the relevant administrative support, counselling and guidance services
- To manage the use of facilities such as the library, laboratories and so on
- To administer graduation and alumni related events
- To administer tuition fee and other payments
- To communicate with students on important announcements
- To collect information for relevant local or international statutory authorities or exam boards
- To contact student’s next of kin in the case of emergency
- To comply with any regulatory, audit or security related requirements
- To pursue/collect any sums in arrears from parents/guardians
- To facilitate and promote health services and medical needs of students
- To meet other statutory duties such as personal data protection, health & safety
- To conduct educational research (early stage/ trials/ exploratory/ broader educational research)
- To prevent and detect fraud, prevent misuse of services, ensure security of business assets and individuals at premises
- To administer Alumni services such as provide educational references, fundraising, or promotional activities
- To market our products and services on social media platforms, websites, newsletters, promotional videos, and yearbooks
- To support college or university applications for graduating students
- To provide better support for students and parents in order to access the firefly Cloud.
For all and any other ancillary purposes relating to our provision of service e.g., the supply of computers, iPads, other forms of telecommunications and technology services; Any other purposes related to the smooth operation of the School.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Thailand and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Thailand and process it there.
Disclosure of Data
Legal Requirements: Anglo Singapore International School may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Anglo Singapore International School
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of Data: The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Service Providers: We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Requesting Access to Your Personal Data
Under the PDPA, parents and students have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request, please contact us.
You also have the right to:
- To ask us the purpose when processing your data.
- To ask us the categories of personal data concerning you
- To ask us the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations
- To ask us for access to information about you that we hold
To have your personal information rectified, if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- To request the deletion or removal of personal information where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing
- To restrict our processing of your personal information (i.e. permitting its storage but no further processing)
- To object to direct marketing (including profiling) and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics
- Not to be subject to decisions based purely on automated processing where it produces a legal or similarly significant effect on you
- If you have a concern or complaint about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance
Withdrawal of Consent and The Right to Lodge a Complaint
Where we are processing your personal information with your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent. If you change your mind, or you are unhappy with our use of your personal information, please let us know by contacting us in the first instance.